As is well recognized , echocardiography is an established tool for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of cardiovascular disorders. Over the past several years, the clinical use and the technology in the field of echocardiography has expanded significantly. Many of the echocardiographers have been using traditional techniques for evaluation of various disorders especially valvular lesions. Similarly techniques like Tissue Doppler Imaging , Strain Rate etc. are gaining wide popularity due to the wealth of information they provide. As such this course has been designed to provide a case – based approach to contemporary and evolving issues in quantitative Doppler echocardiographic techniques and their role in clinical decision making ,.besides giving a thorough insight in the newer techniques available in this country. Advances in the assessment of systolic and diastolic function , stress echocardiography, TEE etc. will be presented. The four day program includes lectures coupled with live case demonstration including various presentation of interesting cases. Hands on sessions by the attendees will be the key feature of this course. The course format allows participants considerable interaction with the faculty
This course is designed for echocardiographers who have a working knowledge of 2-D / Doppler echocardiography.
Upon completion of this course , attendees should be able to :
- Identify the clinical utility of emerging cardiovascular imaging modalities in complex valvular heart disease, including prosthetic valves , and apply them in their clinical utility
- Identify diastolic filling patterns found in various cardiac disorders.
- Show understanding of the use of Tissue Doppler Imaging and color M-mode echocardiography
- Show understanding of the technique , relative advantages , and prognostic value of exercise & pharmacological stress echocardiography
- Explain the technology, pitfalls and clinical uses of TEE
- Identify the systolic and diastolic function / dysfunction of left and right heart.
- Understand the role of new technologies and the growing use of echo to guide interventions
- Clearing all doubts with the faculty